Working out what you would like to do after completing your GCSEs can seem quite confusing at first.
Don't worry if you don't have any clear ideas yet about what you would like to do.
This page has lots of different ways of identifying possible pathways depending on your personality, interests and preferred subjects.
Y10 CEIAG Schedule
|March 2021||PSHEE lesson on intro to Post 16 Options|
|22nd April 2021||Assembly to introdue Siobhan Whiddett (our careers advisor)|
|April 2021||PSHEE lesson on intro to Unifrog and hwk task set|
Intro to 16+ Choices
How to Find Post-16 Course Providers in Norfolk and Suffolk
An apprenticeship is a real job where you learn, gain experience and get paid. You’re an employee with a contract of employment and holiday leave.
By the end of an apprenticeship, you'll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
To find out more visit our Apprenticeships page.
What is a T Level?
T Levels offer students a recognised technical qualification which is equivalent to three A levels and attracts the same number of UCAS points.
The combination of classroom learning (80%) and a 9-week industry placement (20%) creates a unique opportunity for students to study whilst gaining the knowledge and skills businesses need.
For more info about T Levels and local providers that offer them click here.
Thinking ahead to Post-18 Courses
- The Uni Guide's A level explorer - type in your A level subjects to discover possible degree subjects.
- UCAS information on choosing courses.
- UCAS videos have lots of useful videos on choosing courses and applying.
- Discover Uni - compare subjects, universities and colleges, look at student satisfaction ratings and explore figures about getting a graduate job after completing a course.
- The Guardian University Guide 2021 - league tables of all subject areas taught at UK universities, and profiles of those subjects
Thinking Ahead to Career Pathways
Career Pathway Links
- Buzz Quiz: Discover your personality strengths and jobs that could suit you.
- Icanbea... Interests Quiz: Select some interests and the site will suggest job roles you'd enjoy
- Skillsometer: Select the emoji that shows how you feel about different statements and the site will suggest careers that are based on your preferred skills
- Career Pilot: Idenitfy which Career Sectors you are interested and find out different jobs that are in that group.
- Discover Creative Careers: Whatever your interests and skills there's a job in this sector for y
You're not alone. These are all common feelings and we're here to help. Watch the video below to hear how other students feel about choosing what to do Post-16.
We have created a video presentation which will explain:
- Entry requirements
- Open Evenings
- The benefits of different Post 16 routes
- How to apply for post 16 courses
- The importance of having a PLAN A, B and C
- How to use Unifrog
Want to explore some more?
Find out what a variety of former students did after they left Notre Dame by watching these videos.
We have special pages for career sectors that are particularly popular for our students and are in high demand in our region.
Unifrog is an online platform that we use to help you search for qualifications and career pathways.
We set up an account for you and help explain how to use it in your PSHEE lessons.
For more info visit our unifrog page.
Book a Careers Appointment: Chat with our Careers Advisor, Siobhan Whiddett, to discuss course options and career pathways