We are looking forward to welcoming our new students and their families to our school.
Year 7 Transition Events 2022
- Welcome Pack 1: An initial welcome letter with Information on key dates and Uniform will be sent to all parents/carers in March 2022 along with information on how to complete the data entry form for families before the New Parents' Evening.
- Welcome Pack 2: Will be sent out in June 2022 - including letters and important transition information.
- Tuesday 5th July at 18:00: New Parents’ Evening in the Sports Hall. This is to give parents/carers the opportunity to meet their child’s new Form Tutor. Please note that parents are requested to NOT to bring their child with them to this meeting. We have extremely limited parking at NDHS and so can only provide parking access for registered disabled drivers. If you require a space, please contact reception on 01603 611431 in advance of this date.
- Friday 15th July at 08:45 to 3pm: New Students’ Transition Day – Children will have the opportunity to meet their Form Tutor and classmates and to familiarise themselves with the school campus. (Full details of this event will be shared with parents/carers in the Welcome pack 2 sent out in June 2022.
- Special Needs Visits: If your child has / is in the process of getting an EHCP (Education, Health and Care plan), or is on the SEND register and particularly anxious, and you would like to arrange an individual visit to the school so that your child can see where they are coming and be ready for September, then please get in touch and we will set something up, even if it is via Zoom. For more info and contact details visit our SEND page.
- Medical Needs & Medicines: If your child has medical needs and/or requires medication whilst in school please visit our Medical Needs & Medicines page to complete and send in important forms about your child's health.
- If you wish to communicate any information about your child prior to them starting at Notre Dame, please contact the Pastoral Office.
My Child At School (MCAS)
MCAS is our online system for providing you with information about your child. This includes their timetable, comments by subject teachers, review grades and reports.
All New Parents will receive an email with instructions on how to set up their MCAS account in September. Timings vary depending on workload in the department. All reports are published on MCAS, so it is important that parents/carers are set up MCAS when it becomes is available.
Y7 students will be sent details on how to set up a Student Portal account in the Autumn term. We need to wait until the students have had a chance to get used to using their school email before we get them to start the set up process. This may not happen until after the October half term.
A team of our current Y7 students have designed and created a Welcome Guide giving handy advice and who to ask for help. This will be updated for Sept 2022.
In order to ensure that your child has a smooth transition from their current school to Notre Dame we provide the following information and events:
Peripatetic Music Lessons
If you would like your child to receive instrumental/vocal lessons in school, we offer lessons in the following instruments: Bass Guitar, Guitar, Singing, Drums, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Recorder, Oboe, Bassoon, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Trumpet, Trombone, Cornet, French Horn, Tenor Horn, Euphonium, Tuba, Piano and Jazz Piano.
Lessons are subsidised by the school and are £90.20 a term for eleven 20 minute individual lessons. Lessons are free for children eligible for pupil premium
Once your child is allocated a place you will receive an invoice, in advance for the term. Lessons are delivered during term time on a rotational basis and take place during the hours of a normal school day.
Priority is given to students who are already taking lessons and wish to continue. After this, new applicants are allocated lessons on a first come first served basis. Any pupils who cannot be timetabled for lessons will immediately be placed on a waiting list.
If you need to hire an instrument, Norfolk Music Service may be able to provide your child with one free of charge, subject to availability. You will however be responsible for the maintenance of the instrument.
To apply for lessons please click and complete the online google form. Please also refer to the school's Peripatetic Music Instrument Policy.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Mrs Selwood, Head of Music email@example.com
Contact us for further support and advice
If you have any questions, or would like to give us further information about your child. You are welcome to contact us directly. Select the relevant Team below for their contact details: