Supporting your Child
We are committed to working in partnership with parents/carers to enable your child to flourish both academically and socially.
Supporting Social Development
Our first priority is to ensure that our students feel safe, welcome and happy. We have special pages on our website giving parents and carers information on how to support your child's social development and how to ask for any additional advice including:
- Positive Wellbeing
- Talking to your child about sensitive issues
- Online Safety
- Student Welfare and who to contact in school for advice
- Safeguarding advice and who to contact
Supporting Academic Development
At Notre Dame, we believe that anyone can master any subject, provided that:
- work completed in class and at home is challenging, and pushes a student to the limit of what they can do;
- students get feedback from their teachers on how they are doing, and what they need to do in order to improve;
- students have the right mindset for learning, including knowledge of how their brain works
- students “know their stuff” by regularly reviewing class material at home – some effective strategies for reviewing and revising
- students have motivation to learn and do their best.
We have special pages on our website giving parents and carers information on how to support your child's academic development and how to ask for any additional advice including:
- Our Learner Profile: What helps a student to be a motivated and engaged learner
- Homework: How you can help your child with their learning at home
- Online Learning: How you can help your child to access our online learning platform
- Curriculum: Find out what your child is learning in each subject
- Careers Advice: We have a comprehensive section helping our students to research future qualifications and career pathways.