A Curriculum for Life!
You are growing up in a rapidly changing world, full of opportunities.
Personal Social Health Economic Education (PSHEE) is a compulsory, non-examined subject which prepares you for life, relationships, work and society. It is taught in Form Groups to encourage relationships and discussion in a a safe and and non-judgemental space. Lessons also provides opportunities to reflect on and develop your personal beliefs, values and opinions through individual written work.
PSHEE equips you with trustworthy and reliable values, knowledge and skills to give you a balanced life from:
- positive relationships that develop you as an individual, family member and member of society
- positive mental and physical health
- self confidence, self esteem and resilience
- the ability to identify and protect yourself from risks and keep yourself safe, both online and offline
- an understanding of your unique personality and skills
- economic wellbeing and potential career pathways
- effective strategies to prepare for exams and revision
- ways to access specialist advice, support and guidance within school and appropriate external agencies
KS4 PSHE Curriculum
PSHEE is taught by specialist teachers 1 period per fortnight. Our course uses carefully chosen age appropriate resources in keeping with our school's Catholic ethos. We solely use reliable and trustworthy sources accredited by the Catholic Education Service, the national PSHE Association and Norfolk Local Authority.
If at any time you and/or your parent(s)/carer(s) wish to discuss the contents of the PSHEE curriculum, or any issues raised in the lessons, please contact Mr Savage our PSHEE Co-ordinator.
Relations and Sex Education (RSE)
As a Catholic community, PSHEE develops an understanding that you have been uniquely created in the image of God with your own special worth and value. It is part of a holistic approach to education that focuses not just on academia but also on your social, moral and spiritual development.
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) is taught as part of PSHEE. Our course uses carefully chosen age appropriate resources in keeping with our school's Catholic ethos. We solely use reliable and trustworthy sources accredited by the Catholic Education Service, the national PSHE Association and Norfolk Local Authority.
PSHEE is a vital opportunity to explore often sensitive issues in a safe and respectful way. Students are given reliable information and are invited to discuss their meaning and importance by discussing them together. Students are then given opportunities to develop their personal beliefs, values and opinions through individual written work.
Key NDHS Documents:
- NDHS Relationships and Sex Education Policy
- NDHS RSE Curriculum: Based on the Catholic Education Service Model Curriculum
- NDHS RSE Topics: Based on the PSHE Association Model
PSHEE is taught in line with the following school policies which can be accessed on the Policies page of our website:
- Acceptable Use and E-Safety Policy
- Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance
- Drugs Education
- Equality and Diversity
- Relationships and Sex Education
- Special Needs