Year 7 Admissions
Please see our Virtual Tour and Prospectus
Welcome Evening for New Year 7 parents is on Tuesday 6th July 2021, and Transition Day for new Year 7 pupils is on Monday 12th July 2021. Please see the Year 7 Transition Events 2021 section below for details.
- 31st October 2020: Deadline for applications. Please apply both via your local County Council AND return the school’s Supplementary Information Form to the school.
- 1st March 2021: National Offer Day - Letters confirming allocated places are sent by the Local Authority, or are posted online if you have made an online application.
Year 7 Admissions Procedures
Parents of Year 6 pupils in September 2020 who wish to apply for a High School place for September 2021 at Notre Dame are advised that they should apply both to the Council (via their own Local Authority) AND to Notre Dame (using the school's green Supplementary Information Form)
Important deadline dates
10th September 2020: County Admissions Round opens.
31st October 2020: Deadline for Applications to be received.
1st March 2021: National Offer Day - Letters confirming allocated places are sent by the Local Authority, or are sent by e-mail if you have applied online.
Please note that no child can be guaranteed a place at the school. Parents should apply both to the Local Authority AND to the school to ensure your child is placed in the appropriate category for admissions purposes. The school is likely to be heavily oversubscribed so regretfully some parents and students may be disappointed.
Please note that our named Catholic schools supported by the Diocese of East Anglia are St Benet's Catholic Primary School, (Beccles, Suffolk); St Edmund's Catholic Primary School, (Bungay, Suffolk); St Augustine's Catholic Primary School (Costessey, Norfolk); St Francis of Assisi Catholic Primary School (Norwich, Norfolk); St Mary and St Peter Catholic Primary School (Gorleston, Norfolk), St Martha's Catholic Primary School (King's Lynn) and St Mary's Roman Catholic Primary School (Lowestoft, Suffolk).
Admissions to other Year Groups
All applications MUST go through your local County Council School Admissions team. For most applicants that will be Norfolk County Council or Suffolk County Council. Councils then approach the school to determine availability of places. Please note that Notre Dame is one of the most oversubscribed High Schools in Norfolk, so we rarely have such 'in year' places available.
Year 7 Transition Events 2021
- Welcome Pack 1: An initial welcome letter with Information on key dates and Uniform will be sent to all parents/carers in March 2021 along with a data entry form for families to complete and send back before the New Parents' Evening.
- Welcome Pack 2: Will be sent out in June 2021 - including letters with reply slips to be completed and returned at the New Parents' Evening.
- New Parents' Evening: Tuesday 6th July 2021 @ 6pm. This event is for parents/carers only to meet key staff and their Form Tutor. We ask that children do not attend this event, owing to space considerations.
- Y6-Y7 Transition Day on Monday 12thJuly 2021 @ Notre Dame. Students arrive at 8:45 in their current school uniform to our St Mary's Entrance on Surrey Street. They are dismissed at 3:00 at St Mary's Entrance.
- Special Needs Visits are also arranged for students with SEN to visit the school and coffee mornings for groups of their parents to meet our SEN Department. Contact the SEN Department for details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summer School: We run a series of events in the first two weeks of the summer holidays, information about these events will be sent out to all parents/carers in the Welcome 2 pack.
- If you wish to communicate any information about your child prior to them starting at Notre Dame, please contact the Pastoral Office.
Sixth Form Admissions
We will update our Sixth Form admissions pages and procedures for 2021 entry shortly.
We welcome applications to our Sixth Form from students at all schools. To apply for a place at Notre Dame High School please follow the link to Applying to 6th Form. Our Admissions policy (September 2021 entry) is available here, and Appendices 1 and 2 contain details of the academic requirements you will need to get to Notre Dame.
The closing deadline for 2021 Sixth Form applications is Friday 4th December 2020.
Parents/Sixth Form applicants whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel set up in accordance with sections 84 and 94 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998.
A notification of intent to appeal must be made in writing to the Operations Manager at the school. Initially it need only be brief; once an appeal hearing has been scheduled you will be invited to set out in writing the reasons for your appeal in good time before the hearing, so that the independent panel has ample time to consider the documentation prior to the hearing. Appeals should be sent to the Operations Manager at the school address. Appellants have the right to make oral representations to the Appeal Panel.
In year or immediate entry appeals
Appeals resulting from in year admission applications will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
September 2021 Year 7 Entry
If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2021 and your application to Notre Dame has been unsuccessful, you can appeal against this decision. You can submit your intention to appeal between 1st March and 22nd March 2021 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by the end of June 2021.
For applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
September 2021 Year 12 entry (Sixth Form)
Provisional offers of Sixth Form places for September 2021 will be made in January 2021.
For applications to the Sixth Form:
i. where the offer of a place would have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results;
ii. where the offer of a place would not have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
Appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing together with a copy of the school’s case at least 10 clear school days in advance of the hearing.
If an appellant wishes to submit further evidence which was not included with their initial intent to appeal, they must make sure that it is received at least 5 clear school days prior to the hearing date. Any information or evidence not submitted by the deadline might not be considered at the appeal. Parents may waive their right to 10 school days’ notice of the hearing.
Admission Arrangements 2022/23 entry - consultation
The formal consultation on the school's admission arrangements for 2022/23 entry closed on 31st January 2021.