National Teen Book Club
Share a reading experience and have your work published!Click here for a video to learn more
This is a four-week interactive opportunity for you to connect with other young readers across the UK and to meet people who love the same books as you - or different books too! Between 3.30pm and 4.30pm every Wednesday 4th-25th May, you will be able to share your thoughts on The Crossing by Manjeet Mann. Read more about the book here
Application deadline: 02/05/2022 Dates: 04/05/2022 – 25/05/2022 Apply Here
Your participation in the National Teen Book Club means you will get special access to purchase the book at a discounted price.
What will you gain through the National Teen Book Club after school club:
- You will meet with other teens and build your communication and teamwork skills each week through virtual interactions.
- A certificate of participation from Speakers for Schools and Book Clubs in Schools to help in your future education and career opportunities.
- Across National Teen Book Club events, completing the tasks week to week fulfil the skills element of the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
- Be introduced to a variety of careers by meeting authors, writers and publishers as well as people working in other sectors.
When applying, answer the following questions
- What is your favourite book?
- Have you previously taken part in a National Teen Book Club?
Skills/Experiences You Will Gain:
Speaking, Listening, Creativity, Staying Positive and Teamwork