Years 10 - 11
Students taking Health and Social Care learn to work independently and, with support of staff, are expected to take control of their own learning.
Examples of ways in which you may be asked to learn are:
- Working as part of a team
- Independent research
- Presenting the findings of research in the form of power-point presentations and video recordings
- Conducting research using the internet, paper-based resources and interviewing visiting professional speakers
- Completion of a 1 week work-experience placement to gather evidence for the controlled assignment
- Opportunities to gain a full First Aid at Work qualification
The course consists of 2 units of study: one coursework and one examination.
Click on the links below to access details of the course for each individual year group.