A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students. Anyone arriving at school in non-school uniform must report straight away to the Pastoral Office.
- Jewellery is generally inappropriate for school and can be a hazard. Therefore it should be limited to a watch and one pair of small stud earrings to be worn in the lobe of each ear.
- Only official school badges should be worn on uniform.
- No other body piercings are permitted, covering of such with plasters is not sufficient - nose studs, rings etc may not be worn.
- Tattoos are not permitted (it is illegal for anyone to tattoo you if you are under 18).
- Hairstyles should not be extreme, this includes unnatural colours, sharp contrasts in length and patterns shaved into hair. Minimum hair length allowed is a Number 2 cut. Hair accessories should be discreet and functional.
- Make-up is not allowed in Key Stage 3. In Key Stage 4 make-up can only be worn if it is not obvious.
- Coloured nail varnish is not allowed.
The final decision on the suitability of student appearance rests with the Headteacher. In some cases the student may be sent home to change into appropriate uniform. Non compliance of uniform standard will result in a FTE or a removal from lessons until the situation is resolved.
Our school uniform is compulsory for all students in Years 7 -11
- Blazer: Plain black blazer with pre-sewn ND badge
- Shirt: Plain white. Must be tucked into trousers or skirt. Top button to be fastened at all times.
- Trousers: Plain black, tailored. No cords, patterns, denims or fashion trousers. They should not drag on the floor. If a belt is worn it must be plain black but not have a large buckle.
- Skirt: School bottle green. No more than 2 inches above or below the knee.
- Tie: (Yr 7 - 10) Green striped tie Yr 11 Dark green and rust striped
- Jumper(optional): School bottle green “V” jumper with rust band in “V”
- Socks: Plain black - ankle socks (Summer term only)
- Tights: Plain black (no bare legs)
- Shoes: Plain black and polished. Must be suitable for school. Trainers, suede or canvas shoes or boots are not allowed. High heels are considered dangerous on the grounds of health and safety and are not allowed.
- Top coats: Dark colours - no logos, no hooded sweatshirts and no denim (removed at school gate).
- Scarf (optional): School scarf with logo.
PE Kit: Compulsory for all students:
- Girls: Black shorts, white polo shirt, green rugby shirt, green football socks, trainers, tracksuit bottoms (black), swimsuit (where applicable).
- Boys: Green reversible rugby shirt, black shorts, green football socks, white t-shirt, trainers, football boots, swimming trunks/shorts (where applicable).
We are pleased to inform parents and carers that 'BIRDS of Dereham' in Norfolk have been commissioned to supply our full school uniform, including the PE kit. This will provide parents with the flexibility to purchase on-line or in store.
The sale of our uniform is now 'live' on the website and via the store.
BIRDS of Dereham; Unit D, 13 Yaxham Road, Dereham, Norfolk. NR19 1HB
Tel:- +44 (0) 1362 692941 - +44 (0) 1362 699130.