At Notre Dame we are pleased to be able to use Pupil Premium funding to help all of our young people to thrive – as learners, as positive contributors to school and community life and in achieving happy, successful and fulfilled lives.
Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with students who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’). This includes students who have been ‘Looked After’ (LAC) for more than six months and students who have parents in the Armed Forces.
What does it mean to be a student eligible for Pupil Premium funding at NDHS?
- To experience Quality First teaching
- For academic progress to be tracked
- Small Group Tuition to be arranged for progress dips
- Funding support to be given for key items e.g. Tech equipment
- Funding support for extra-curricular opportunities to be offered e.g. Music lessons / Duke of Edinburgh
- For revision books to be arranged for key subjects
- For IT support to be explored
For in-depth information on how Pupil Premium funding is allocated within school and how the school will be supporting Pupil Premium students for the academic year 2016-2017 please see the document listed below.
A breakdown of the previous 3 years PP expenditure is also attached below.
For more information about how Pupil Premium funding is used to support students please see information on our school website and contact Mr P Short (Assistant Head, Student Achievement).