It's good to talk!
46% of parents agree with the statement: “My child knows more about the internet than I do”, Ofcom.
Here are some conversation starters to help your family discuss internet safety issues and establish some ground rules together:
- What sites does your child like using and what do they enjoy doing online?
- How does your child stay safe online? What tips do they have for you?
- What is it ok, or not ok to share online?
- What privacy settings do they use and how do they report content that makes them feel uncomfortable?
- Play the Talk Talk internet quiz together to compare your internet ages!
How to keep up
Vodaphone have a Digital Parenting magazine with articles on the latest issues and step by step guides on how to keep your child safe online.