How to Apply
Year 7 Admissions 2017
Please see the Year 7 Admissions tab to the left of this webpage for details of the September 2017 Year 7 admissions procedures.
- Monday 19th September 2016: Open Evening for prospective Year 7 pupils and their parents (Sept 2017 intake). School open for viewing between 5pm and 8pm. Talks will be held in the Sports Hall at the following times: 5.30pm (for those with surnames beginning A - M), and at 6.30pm (for those with surnames beginning N - Z)
- Monday 3rd - Tuesday 4th October: Open Days. Take a tour with some of our Year 8 students and experience the school in action through their eyes.
- 31st October 2016: deadline for applications. Please apply both via your local County Council, AND return the school's Supplementary Information Form to the school.
- 1st March 2017: Letters confirming allocated places are sent by the Local Authority, or are posted online if you have made an online application.
Mythbusting - you do not have to be Catholic to get a place at Notre Dame, but do need to support our ethos. In fact every year we have nearly 50 students who are not Catholic who get places in Year 7 and over half our VI Form is non Catholic, so please do consider applying!
Sixth Form Admissions 2017
We welcome applications to our Sixth Form from students at all schools. Our Year 12 admissions policy is available here, and details any academic requirements you may need to get to Notre Dame.
The closing deadline for 2017 applications has now passed.
Parents/Sixth Form applicants whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel set up in accordance with sections 84 and 94 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998.
A notification of intent to appeal must be made in writing to the Company Secretary at the school. Initially it need only be brief; once an appeal hearing has been scheduled you will be invited to set out in writing the reasons for your appeal in good time before the hearing, so that the independent panel has ample time to consider the documentation prior to the hearing. Appeals should be sent to the Company Secretary at the school address. Appellants have the right to make oral representations to the Appeal Panel.
In year or immediate entry appeals
Appeals resulting from in year admission applications will be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
September 2017 Year 7 Entry
If your child is due to start secondary school in September 2017 you can appeal between 2nd March and 18th March 2017 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 8th June 2017.
For applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
September 2017 Year 12 entry (Sixth Form)
Provisional offers of Sixth Form places for September 2017 will be made in January 2017.
For applications to the Sixth Form:
- where the offer of a place would have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results;
- where the offer of a place would not have been conditional upon exam results, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals.
Appellants will be sent notification of their appeal hearing together with a copy of the school’s case at least 10 clear school days in advance of the hearing.
If an appellant wishes to submit further evidence which was not included with their initial intent to appeal, they must make sure that it is received at least 5 clear school days prior to the hearing date. Any information or evidence not submitted by the deadline might not be considered at the appeal. Parents may waive their right to 10 school days’ notice of the hearing.