Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance
Whether your future is to study at university, embark on an apprenticeship, or to take a Gap Year, you are certain to be offered the information, advice and guidance you need in order to make informed choices.
Any student, and/or parents/carers now has the opportunity to arrange a meeting with a Level 6 Qualified Careers Advisor (Mrs Wiltshire), to discuss future options and progression routes during and after their time at Notre Dame. To book and appointment with our Careers Advisor or if you have a question about CEIAG provision at NDHS please click here or speak to Mary Nobes.
For those students who do not want to go onto University, there are a number of good websites to take a look at such as Not Going to Uni which gives you a range of information on alternative options after you've left sixth form. Also, check out the Alternative Professional Pathways noticeboard outside the 6th form office for opportunities.
Please use the links to the left of this page to access further information about the options available.
Other Useful Links
- National Careers Service
- KuDoS - A careers matching and information program which helps young people plan their future.
- CV Creator - Helps you to create a comprehensive CV for job and course applications
- Open Doors - Job and training opportunities in the Eastern Region
- www.jobseekers.direct.gov.uk - Search online for the latest jobs and volunteering opportunities
- http://www.bestcourse4me.com/ - site that links A levels and degrees to possible career pathways including staring salaries.
- https://www.plotr.co.uk/Plotr - the Government's one stop shop for careers advice
- Careersbox - If you select browse you can choose professions by sector and then watch videos of specific careers
- Teaching assistants - Advice from TDA on Support Staff posts
- www.ukvocation.org - Advice on vocations within the Catholic Church. Another useful site is www.ukpriest.org